Saturday, July 14, 2012

The start of something new

Hello all,
Welcome to my first official blog that doesn't only consist of pageant appearances and prep work! I decided to start this blog for a few reasons. Many people have asked "What are you going to do now you're not competing?" The short answer- I have no idea! And as I was drowning my sorrows in a pint of Ben & Jerry's the other night, I decided to google "hobbies for 20something women" (pathetic I know) and one of the reoccurring suggested hobbies was blogging. I don't think "blogger" will become my new identity but at least it will give me something to do while I explore my options.

I also thought this would be a good place to share my nutritional journey. I will be the first to admit that my "pageant diet" is not realistic for everyday life! Nor would it be healthy, ironically enough! So, like the rest of the population, I am trying to find the happy medium between eating only protein bars and eating like I just came home from fat camp. This past week has been a junk food marathon! And while actually feeling full for once is great, I feel pretty gross! It's time  to put the junk food down and start eating clean! (Minus dessert of course!)

Being a title holder was such a huge part of my life but it wasn't my entire life. There are more things that make up who I am besides the crown. Since I haven't really explored anything new about myself to tell you yet, let's start with what I already know;

  • I am a devoted Christian and love Jesus whole heartily.
  • I am completely in love with my dog, BellaRina. She is a 4 yr old Toy Shih-Tzu and honestly I would rather spend my days with her than most humans.
  • I love my job! I am a dance instructor at a studio in Fort Worth, teaching ballet, jazz & tap. One day I'd like to open my own studio, but for now I'm happy just being a teacher.
  • I'm still in college. I go to the University of Texas at Arlington and really enjoy it. Perhaps I'll become more involved at UTA...?
  • I am obsessed with Audrey Hepburn & The Beatles.
  • I'm really into music; top 40's, oldies, country, classical, pretty much anything.

2 comments: